Repositoryexception while retry updating documents in master repository

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to install updates, and every time I get back a message like An error occurred while collecting items to be installed session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases. No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.svn,0.7.9. I20110318-1700 No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.svn.core,0.7.9. I20110523-1700 No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.svn.help,0.7.9. I20110318-1700 No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.svn.mylyn,0.7.9. I20110318-1700 No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.svn.ui,0.7.9. I20110523-1700 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.svn,0.7.9. I20110523-1700 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.svn.mylyn,0.7.9. I20110523-1700 No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.svn.resource.ignore.rules.jdt,0.7.9. I20110523-1700 What does it all mean and how do I fix that?

If Eclipse has been able to contact the repositories to check for new files why isn't it able to download those files from those some repositories?

Described here I've had the same issue since mid 2018.

Performing a search, this issue has been reported since 2011. Unfortunately they havent't worked for me, currently the only fix seems to completely reinstall Eclipse.

After saving, updating Mylyn and restarting eclipse, the Available Software Sites looked like this: Probably, my experience with this bug will be needed for someone (including myself too... So, I could to add one thing to the mentioned here answers.

I mean playing with the trailing "/" symbol in the options, because playing with it does not work in my case.

As the most upvoted suggestion here, many of the suggestions are contradicting, suggesting trial-error guesses.

Besides these workarounds, IMHO this requires a fix.

I'm running Eclipse's Helios EE bundle on Linux, to which I added the subversive plugins, the m2e maven integration and the mylin connector for Trac.

Deleting the cache folder in /Users/myname/.eclipse/org.eclipse.oomph.p2 solved the problem (my coworker, not me, came up with this solution) I had the same problem on windows 10.

My eclipse version was installed from an exe, downloaded from eclipse site.

Maybe you can increase your success rate by adding the repositories that supposedly contain the artifacts in the 'Available Software Sites' dialogue. In fact, I would like to find a 'perfect' answer to this question myself.

What usually works quite well is installing plugins via the Eclipse Marketplace.

Leave a Reply